On 7 June 2017, a group of organisations representing civil society, trade unions, business, local governments and companies presented a new multi-stakeholder alliance named ALL at a conference in Brussels. The alliance has been established to campaign in favour of European cooperation and democracy at a time when both are challenged.
ALL is bringing together different sides of European society as part of a diverse and inclusive campaign in the run-up to the European Parliament elections in 2019. Through a network of national partners, ALL will endeavour to offer millions of Europeans a better chance to discuss and influence politics through democratic dialogue.
ALL is a partnership with the following organisations:
- BDI – Federation of German Industries
- CEEP – European Centre of Employers and Enterprises providing Public Services
- CEMR – The Council of European Municipalities and Regions
- DI – Confederation of Danish Industry
- EEB – The European Environmental Bureau
- EMI – European Movement International
- ETUC – European Trade Union Confederation
- European Youth Forum
- IV Bund – Federation of Austrian Industries
- Svenskt Näringsliv – Confederation of Swedish Enterprise
- Transparency International EU
Read the press release about the launch of ALL here.
Find the full speech of Margrethe Vestager on ‘A healthy democracy in a social media age’ here.